Sunday, November 15, 2009

Venting on a Theme of Dating

I just don't get this whole dating thing. I thought that by the time I was 26, I might have at least started to figure it out.

Or that other people would have. Of the male gender.

Apparently I'm still way off.

One of my favorite quotes is by Meg in Disney's Hercules. She says, "Well, you know how men are: they think 'no' means 'yes' and 'get lost' means 'Take me, I'm yours!'".

Add to it that "Yes" means "I'll text you in a month or so" and "I want you, I need you, oh baby, oh baby" means "Abandon ship".

Seriously, guys? I'm done with the following:

-Games
-Laziness
-Bachelors that are too comfortable in their own lives and would rather sit at home and read books or watch TV than hang out with a cute girl
-Self-centeredness
-Playing "the game"
-No communication
-Laziness again
-Games
-Players
-Guys over the age of 25 not having the guts to ask you out when they're interested in you
-Guys over the age of 25 not having the guys to ask you out again
-Not following "green light" signs
-Having to walk on eggshells in new dating relationships
-"Never supressing a generous thought" being null and void because guys might call you "forward" or pushy
-Did I mention games yet?
-Men

And no, I'm not bitter.




3 comments:

  1. At least you get dates. I'm tired of being ignored/forgotten. And falling for guys that are 10 years younger than me and not LDS. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm...I totally love you? And if I were I guy...I'd date you, and probably be crazy about you cause you're so totally awesome. But yeah, men are definitely not bright in the dating category...or in most categories to be honest. Like the wife "Though we adore men individually, we agree that as a group they're rather stupid"...although, they can be rather stupid individually as well. I think she was just trying to be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad, always known for his wise and witty life commentary, gave me this advice after a devastating breakup:

    "The ARCO oil company was very successful one time, more so than any of its competitors. Once the CEO was asked, 'What technique do you use that makes you so much more effective than your competitors? Surely you must have some more advanced technology that allows you to find more oil than anyone else.'

    "He replied, 'We drill more holes.'"

    Don't give up. You're a wonderful person :)

    ReplyDelete