Thursday, January 21, 2010

Proud to be a Canadian-made American

(So I wrote the above-showing title before writing this actual post, and I realized the double-entendre contained therein. I am a real-live "Canadian-made American." Cute!)

But that's not what this post is about.

One of my kids brought in a CD today for a project we are presenting in my 6th grade Intro to Music class. They are supposed to write a paragraph about their favorite song--where they first heard it, why they like it, when they listen to it, and talk about 3 "elements of music" (application of vocab) in relation to the song. They then share it and the song with the class.

One cute little boy played for us "Battle Hymn of the Republic". He talked about how it made him feel patriotic. It was sweet.

But in the middle of his presentation, I was putting in his CD and laughed outloud--really loud, in the middle of him talking--as I read the CD face. It was called "Spirit of America" and had an American flag waving proudly against a light blue sky.

In small print, it clearly said, "Made in Canada".

No comments:

Post a Comment